Friday, November 24, 2006

R.I.P.



The last two days have been sad. Today specially so. Philippe Noiret, the legendary french actor passed away. He has been a national phenomenon, and has acted in many memorable films. His portrayal of Pablo Neruda in Il Postino was awesome to saw the least. Philippe Noiret is an actor specially close to my heart because his role of Alfredo in Cinema Paradiso will be etched in my mind till the day I die. Goodbye sir, you will be always there in our hearts.

P.S- Herge, the creator of Tintin felt that Philippe Noiret was his only personal choice for Captain Haddock if a live action film of Tintin had ever been made.




Robert Altman passed away two days ago too. The acclaimed director of films like Nashville, Gosford Park & the ingenious M.A.S.H died while his latest film Hands On A Hard Body was under development. He will be sorely missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rohan said...

I was such a M.A.S.H-aholic growing up... it's one of the enduring memories of my love affair with television.

... and of Cinema Paradiso with the movies.

Sad day indeed.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this 

page
View My Stats