Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wallace!Gromit!Oscars!



After having seen Wallace and Gromit in their first full length feature film I had decided to watch their already famous oscar winning short films. There are three which are most famous. Namely- A Grand Day Out with Wallace and Gromit (1989),Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers(1993) and Wallace & Gromit in A Close Shave(1995). Today I watched all three of them. Ah,it feels so good. Though I must admit the shorts are not nearly as fun or sophisticated (in terms of production value) as their full length counterpart but it is still a lot of fun to watch. Gromit's expressions alone are priceless. I never thought that a lump of clay could emote more than me.Then again,this same lump of clay has more acting range than Vin Diesel,The Rock,Colin Farrell,Hrithik Roshan,Rosario Dawson,Amisha Patel,Kareena Kappor AND Salman Khan combined! Speaking of which, I hear that Sallu baba is in more trouble as his own bodyguard has returned to be a witness against him in the drunken driving incident. Just imagine, if he goes to jail for 5 years, no sallu films for 5 long years. That thought alone puts a smile on my face. Back to the subject matter. Well,in the three short films I would say I liked The Wrong Trousers the most,followed closely by A Close Shave. A Grand Day Out I found to be somewhat lacking in the story department. Dont let that deter you from watching it though. The faineant solitudinarian bids you goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this 

page
View My Stats